Wednesday 6 January 2010

View from the loft floor to the new ceiling fan. We have our picnic table down stairs but this was originally going to be where the fireplace/woodstove was going to go... but maybe it would be better as a dining area?
The other cavity looks into the kitchen area and where the original dining area was going to be... I still like this spot for the dining area as it's next to the kitchen...
Outside not much has changed visually but the oiling is continuing and is almost all done!

The upstairs loft area has had all the ceiling panels oiled now with two coats. Looking up the unfinished pine staircase to the coated balustrades. The balustrades have turned up a lot more golden than we liked. But suspect it was because we looked at a sample of the Sikkens Light Oak on WR Cedar and we are putting in on pine... hmmm... after 3 coats it's still very golden and needs a bit of red and walnut. How to fix it?
We're thinking of doing the stairs in a different colour but this time we'll be doing samples on bits of offcut to see how we go. I don't look forward to sanding back the balustrades so hope by putting another coat of something we can salvage it? Somehow I doubt we can get away with the easy option
We do have POWER! The solar panels seem to be doing a great job... but then what would I know? Although Will keeps telling me how many volts we have (I still have no idea what it means and it's bringing back bad memories of Physics... P=I x V etc)
The inverter sits under the stairs. The first time we turned it on I was "Oh my god, I can't live with that noise" but it only lasted minutes and then it was silent (or quiet enough that I didn't notice it). Apparently it's when the fan turns on so may be noisy if it gets hot.
The Kitchen. One day it may actually be OK. Return my call Damian!!

No comments: